VIRTUAL MISSILE RUN
November 15-22, 2020
The YMCA Missile Run will take place on Sunday, November 15 through Sunday, November 22. Join hundreds of runners to support the Y!
How does the Virtual Missile Run work?
There are two ways you can complete your Virtual Missile Run:
1) WALK/RUN OUTDOORS. Head outdoors to your local hiking trail, streets or a treadmill! All you need is a smart device to track your distance. We encourage you to time yourself so you can submit your results! Below are a few of our suggested ways to track your distance. Feel free to use your own preferred app or device if it’s not on our list.
- iPhone: In the “Health” app under the activity tab, you can see how many miles you’ve walked or ran per day. Head to the “Summary” page and hit “Edit” to add Walking + Running Distance to your summary page.
- Fitbit: Use your Fitbit to track the distance walked or ran.
- Apple watch: Open the Activity app on your Apple Watch and you can view how many miles you have walked or ran.
2) RUN/WALK AT THE GYM. Do you have a gym membership? Head to your local gym and use a treadmill to accomplish your 2 miles, 5K or 10K walk/run. Looking for a great gym? Check out the YMCA!
Will I receive a t-shirt and medal for participating in the Virtual Missile Run?
Yes! We will have multiple days available for t-shirt and medal pick up prior to the event. We will ask all Los Angeles-based participants to come by and pick up your items at the West Valley Family YMCA. Planning to join the virtual climb from out of town? No problem! We will be happy to mail your items to you.
Can I still create a team for the Virtual Missile Run?
Yes! You are more than welcome to still run or walk as a team. Please click “Create a Team” on the Missile Run home page to get started. We encourage teams to get creative with the virtual run. You may want to consider meeting up to complete your virtual run together!
Will our times be recorded?
All Virtual Missile Run participants will be responsible for timing their own distance. After you complete your run, we will have a link for you to include your results on our official Missile Run result page.
What should I do once I complete my run?
Now that you’ve completed your run, we want to know about it! Take a photo and tag us at @WestValleyYMCA on Instagram and @WestValleyFamilyYMCA on Facebook. Make sure to use the hashtag #MissileRun2020. We can wait to see all of the creative ways you choose to run this year!
Anything else I need to know?
Don’t forget to use your personal page to fundraise! The COVID-19 pandemic has created new challenges for thousands across Los Angeles. The LA YMCA has become emergency center providing food, free childcare, and virtual teen college readiness programs to those most in need. All proceeds from the 2020 Missile Run will support these vital programs!